Optical Assistant Vacancy at The BIG OpticianAbout us:
We are a family owned, independent opticians established in 2004. We are one of the largest independent optical practices in the North East and we are located on the edge of the trendy Ouseburn area of Newcastle - a short walk from the city centre. We provide high quality eye care to our customers as well as top of the range eyewear. We offer free customer and staff parking as well as being close to bus and Metro links.
We are a small team of friendly staff who all have many years of optical experience. You would become a part of a hardworking and very supportive team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a similar role in optics (desirable but not essential);
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability and willingness to learn new skills and use technology;
- The ability and willingness to deliver excellent customer service;
- Experience of working in a clinical retail environment (desirable)
Key functions of the role will include:
Being involved in most aspects of the customer/ patient journey ensuring that you deliver a first-class customer experience in all that you do including:
- Making and receiving telephone calls; making appointments; answering customer queries and promoting the services of the business;
- Booking in private and NHS clients on the computer systems
- Undertaking screening examinations on clients using clinical equipment and technology;
- Undertaking contact lens teaches to new contact lens wearers;
- Scanning and ordering spectacle lenses;
- Placing orders through the sales and ordering systems;
- Taking payments;
- Assembling and adjusting client spectacles;
- Assisting customers to choose spectacle frames and lenses;
- Facilitating a high level of quality in all aspects of the customer journey;
- Other responsibilities as the role develops in line with the needs of the business.
- The opportunity to work within a small, supportive team of experienced and friendly people;
- Competitive salary (above industry average) depending upon experience;
- Induction and on going training;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year plus bank holidays;
- Other staff benefits
- The post is permanent and is three days per week which may include weekend working.
How to apply:
Please send your up to date C.V along with a covering letter to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 14 February 2022.