Why Choose The BIG Optician?
What makes us different?
- Comprehensive, 30 minute NHS and private eye examinations including retinal photography as standard and the detection of glaucoma, cataract and diabetic changes.
- We no longer do the "dreaded" eye-puff test. We have invested in new technology which means that we no longer do the air-puff test so our eye tests are discomfort free.
- Fully qualified, experienced opticians who will provide you with an exceptional level of clinical care using state-of-the-art technology.
- Fixed cost eye examinations - unlike most opticians, we don't charge you extra for additional tests such as retinal photography and field screening. These come as standard for all, including NHS clients.
- Expert advice from our spectacle lens specialists.
- Knowledgable and friendly team of staff.
- Designer frames and sunglasses at unbeatable prices all less than manufacturer RRP.
- Latest technology spectacle lenses from the world's premier lens manufacturers inc Essilor, Seiko, Zeiss, Hoya, Varilux.
- At-the-door parking for your ultimate convenience at our out-of-town superstore near Ouseburn.
- Hundreds of frames on display from budget to designer including the latest from Oakley, Tom Ford, Tiffany, Lindberg and many more.
- Contact lenses dispensed from stock with no waiting.
- Direct Debit contact lenses and glasses.
Family Opticians NewcastleAs a family-owned and run business we ensure that our staff are passionate about eye care and about providing you with an exceptional level of customer care.
You only have one pair of eyes and ensuring that you have your eyes examined comprehensively and regularly is one of the most important investments you can make. At The BIG Optician we take the time to get it right. Your eye test will be carried out by a fully qualified, experienced optician who has 30 minutes to undertake an extensive range of eye testing procedures. We have invested in some of the most sophisticated eye testing equipment available, and unlike other optical practices, we do not charge you any extra for these enhanced procedures as we believe in providing all of our patients with comprehensive care regardless of their ability to pay.
In a world of hustle and bustle, we offer you maximum convenience for your eye care. You can park at the door in our purpose built car park. We are open 7 days a week and offer Saturday and Sunday appointments. Everything is on one level so the practice could not be more accessible and we have over 1000 frames on display giving exceptional choice.